Terms Of Service
Montly Webs is a brand of Betelguise Web Design. Betelguise Web Design provides affordable quality web design to companies and individuals throughout the United Kingdom and beyond. Their web hosting services are provided by a UK professional web hosting independent company. Betelguise Web Design reserves the right to suspend or cancel a customer’s access to any or all services provided by Betelguise Web Design when Betelguise Web Design decides that the account has been inappropriately used or otherwise abused.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY AND COPYRIGHT
Your website has been designed by Betelguise Web Design for your personal or business use. Any content and images provided by you are obviously your own to do with as you please. All coding, scripts sand applications used within the site are the owned by Betelguise Web Design and / or the accredited author and may not be distributed or used on other web sites.
ACCREDITATION & DESIGN CREDIT
Betelguise Web Design will add an accreditation and back link into the footer of all the sites they create. This accreditation and back link must remain intact in its existing format. Removal of this will release the client from the rights to use the code and scripts created by Betelguise Web Design in their site. The client also agrees that their website may be presented in Betelguise Web Designs Portfolio.
Personal account holders are not permitted resell, store or give away web-hosting services of their website to other parties. Web hosting services are defined as not allowing a separate, third party to host content on the owner’s web site. Exceptions to this include ad banners, classified ads, and personal ads.
Betelguise Web Design reserves the right to refuse service and /or access to its servers to anyone.
Betelguise Web Design does not allow any of the following content to be stored on its servers:
- Illegal Material – This includes copyrighted works, commercial audio, video, or music files, and any material in violation of any Federal, State or Local regulation.
- Adult Material – Includes all pornography, erotic images, or otherwise lewd or obscene content. The designation of “adult material” is left entirely to the discretion of Betelguise Web Design
- Warez – Includes pirated software, ROMS, emulators, phreaking, hacking, password cracking. IP spoofing, etc., and encrypting of any of the above. Also includes any sites which provide “links to” or “how to” information about such material.
If your account on your server, or IP range(s) associated with your account are found to have been listed in any of the RBL lists provided by SPAM blocking organisations, we will allow you 24 hours to rectify the sending source on the server. We may suspend your account if you do not make those changes or if you do not fully co-operate in obtaining the removal of the listing or if the listing is not removed within a reasonable time.
E-Mail Sending Limits
- There is a 500 hourly e-mail sending limit per hosting account on our Personal Hosting. This limit also applies to mailman. If you send over this amount in any hour most of the e-mails will bounce back with an undeliverable error.
- If you need to send more than 500 e-mails per hour you would need to sign up to our Business, Reseller or Dedicated Hosting.
- Any mailing list larger than 1,000 recipients will either require a virtual private server, dedicated server or other dedicated hosting solution from us.
Mailing List Rules
- 1. You MUST throttle your mailing list when sending e-mails. We recommend you throttle your mailing list to at the very least sending 1 e-mail every 5 seconds. If you do not throttle your mailing list you may cause a server load spike and we may suspend your account without prior notice to reduce the server load.
- 2. Any mailing list with over 500 recipients is only allowed to be sent during off-peak times to prevent server load spikes. Off peak times qualify as Monday to Friday (5:00pm-9:00am GMT) and all day Saturday and Sunday.
- 3. You are not allowed to e-mail to a mailing list you were given or purchased if the recipients never agreed to you sending them e-mail in accordance with data protection laws. There is no justification for breaking this rule and such offence will result in the termination of the offending account.
- 4. If you send unsolicited e-mail it will result in the immediate termination of your account without prior notice. We take a zero tolerance stance against the sending of unsolicited e-mail.
Betelguise Web Design cannot be held responsible for any hacked/compromised websites. A site that has been compromised may be taken offline immediately until the website has been secured and cleaned of any hacks/viruses. It is the customer’s responsibility to make sure their website does not get hacked; similarly it is the customer’s responsibility to make sure that any costs needed to make the website safe again will be chargeable to them.
DOMAIN NAMES POLICY
All domain names are provided from Nominet and ICANN Approved Suppliers and reference should be made to their own Terms and Conditions . For more information, see with NOMINET UK and the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (“ICANN”).
Betelguise Web Design may register one or more domain names on its customers’ behalf providing that this has been agreed with the appropriate customer. These will be registered in the customer’s name where the customer becomes responsible for its renewals, or in the name of Betelguise where they will bill the client for renewals.
All payment is in UK sterling and is paid to Betelguise Web Design and are agreed in contract that is out of scope of this document.
Betelguise Web Design reserves the right to suspend its services until any outstanding debt is cleared. The customer is responsible for all money owed on the account from the time it was established to the time that the customer sends a written cancellation request.
PAYMENTS AND CONTRACT LENGTH
- All prices can be found at https://www.monthlywebs.co.uk, or will be agreed separately for bespoke work.
- Should you cancel once work has begun on the website the set-up fee of £125 will be non-refundable.
- Monthly payments can be made via Paypal on an automated recurring payment or via Standing Order.
- Once the site goes live any failed monthly payments in the 12 month contract period will be deemed a break in contract and the hosting account will be suspended until payments are brought up to date.
- Should you wish to end our services before the end of the contract period the full outstanding balance of the contract will be due.
- Contract lengths are normally 12 months unless agreed beforehand between the Client and the Betelguise Web Design.
- Betelguise Web Design requires a minimum 30 days notice to cancel any maintenance, support or hosting contract.
- At the end of the contract an annual fee for hosting and domain renewal will come into effect.
CANCELLATION AND REFUNDS
Betelguise Web Design reserves the right to cancel the service at any time. In this event customers will be entitled to a pro rata refund based upon the hours allowed to complete the site less the development time up to that period. Domain names registrations and annual hosting fees cannot be refunded, and these are normally included in a quotation for web design
Customer agrees that it shall defend, indemnify, save and hold Betelguise Web Design harmless from any and all demands, liabilities, losses, costs and claims, including reasonable attorney’s fees asserted against Betelguise Web Design its agents, its customers, officers and employees, that may arise or result from any service provided or performed or agreed to be performed or any product sold by customer, its agents, employees or assigns. Customer agrees to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Betelguise Web Design against liabilities arising out of; (1) any injury to person or property caused by any products sold or otherwise distributed in connection with Betelguise Web Design’s server; (2) any material supplied by customer infringing or allegedly infringing on the proprietary rights of a third party; (3) copyright infringement and (4) any defective products sold to customer from Betelguise Web Design’s server.
Betelguise Web Design will not be responsible for any damages your business may suffer. Betelguise Web Design makes no warranties of any kind, expressed or implied for services we provide. Betelguise Web Design disclaims any warranty or merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. This includes loss of data resulting from delays, non deliveries, wrong delivery, hacked/compromised websites and any and all service interruptions caused by Betelguise Web Design and its employees. Betelguise Web Design reserves the right to revise its policies at any time.
Betelguise Web Design will not be responsible for the information contained on its customer’s website. This includes all type of information: Images, videos, animations, sounds, text and other files. The customer is responsible for the veracity and legality of the information provided on their website.
Betelguise Web Design is a trading name of Paul Griffiths and all references in these Terms Of Service to this trading name shall include Paul Griffiths as a person.